Friday, April 23, 2010

Confessions of an economic hitman , yayayaya

Confessions of an economic hit man
Only 1000 words left, haha. Okay, so this book is supposedly an autobiographical novel about a hit man backed by a group of professional men who cheat countries out of trillions of dollars. If this in fact true, which i highly doubt based on ive never heard of this and it sounds a bit ridicules. After finishing this book, i would reflect on it like this-it is very long for what it is, too many weird stories...From the books ive read, and i have not read a ton of books in my life, but i know i will start to read more because of school. Okay, so this book, only in my opinion though, is boring. As i have stated in my numerous other blogs, this is not the most riveting and intense book, but it does seem to get a bit interesting. I don't really know how to describe all of it, because i found it hard that it changes, so what might be true for one part, is false for another. I am not really in to these kinds of novels.
This book is not super believable because of this for example, there is a deal between Saudi Arabia and America for 200 million dollars. What?What is going on? Is has to do with waste management, and modernizing Arabia. Then it talks about air-conditioned malls and fancy things, and what not. i cant buy in to all this weird facts apparently. I don't understand, and the government is not really in on this whole thing. They don't sponsor the group.
This man is like James bond in the ways that he describes him self and his lifestyle. He is a spy and many other things, his job application and resume are very large.There are many parts in his book where he talks about how he meets a lot of new people and the people are usually high up in power and wealth, he has friends in high places, but also, from his line of work, enemies. I think this man, Perkins, likes his job, because it makes him feel powerful. But that does not look away from the stress he has, because working with that much money, and that many people, its hard to keep everyone happy. He is only one gay, but he does have people to help him. It is kind of confusing on who he works for and they use a lot of words i don't fully understand. That is what makes this book aimed for older people, i think. The words have a lot to do with government, and banking. I don't even know what else,. but they are in line with business.
Take the title for example, what does it mean. Confessions of an economic hit man. well, i think that this translates to the story of a man with a a lot of power and a mission, a job to get done. but it doesn't stop after one, its continuous. I'm not sure how many people in the world actually have this job, but i know it is few, there is no way that this is a easy job to get too. John went through a shit load of training and secret things to get to where he i know. I actually think ir is kind of cool how he got this job, i believe it is fake, even though it says it is real, but it is interesting, Perkins went through alot to be a hitman at a national; level, not just an assassin.
It says in this book that what Perkins does is as old as an empire. So i have two examples for this, or actually more l,ike opinions, so first off, Empire. What is he talking about, what empire and how old is that. I dont know much about the history of economic hitman, in fact, before this book i have never even heard of that. So apparently, it is really old, so way back in the day, people were cheating nations out of a lot of money, what ever currency the nation had. This sounds bazaar, but it might be true based on a smaller scale, because a lot of stuff has happened in history, and to say this has never happened would be a possibly false assumption, and slighty arrogant. Also, they use the word empire, and it is not really a direct age, or time period, and this has happened semi-much throughout the book.
I am glad i am done with this book, and hopefully my next book will be better, my past two weren't all that great in my view. Both the books are not really in my range of readable book that are good for my age and who i am. The last book was for some one in middle school, and this book is for some one older than me. Or perhaps some one with more of an interest in what this book was talking about. It is a kind of auto-biographical book, but it is aimed for a certain audience. Not my age really though. John Mah didn't really find an interest in this either, we talked about it and i read his blogs. Both the books iv'e chosen i have not liked, that strikes me as wierd because, i chose them, i judged the books by there cover, but it was vice-versa. And i was on the wrong side. I don't think i am going to get a third bad book for the last one. I want to get enders game, because all of my friends who have read it, seem to enjoy it. I know then i should. I can't complain too much though, i did get the experience of reading a book with a bigger vocabulary than what i am used too. I found some of the paragraphs in this book too confusing, but after i thought about them more, context clues helped. I wouldn't re command this novel to my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment