Friday, March 12, 2010

To me. i find cars very interesting and because i am getting my license next tuesday, i bought a car. So for my first ride, i bought a used acura legend from my neibors who don't drive it any m. They kept the car in real good condition because the husband of the driver is a car enthusist and he is in to corvettes, so he knows a thing or two about autpmobles. Back to my "whip". IT is 1988 5sp manuel with a v6 2.7 liter motor. Yes, it is a stick shift, and i prefer that for a car because it is much funner and after i learned how to drive a stick, it makes driving less boring, and to me it makes me, to pay attention to what im doing. I can't multitask, for example, which is illegal now but, i could not drive and talk on the phone while eating, and listening to music having a coversation with my friends, who are in the car also. 
    My parents have alrwady told me the rules for me to drive. I can't rwally leave alameda, much, and i have to tell them, but io would any way. I can't drive my friends arounf because it is illegal, unless i get good grads i have to pay for my insuranse, which is kind of a bummer. But iam getting a 3.0 right now so i can get cheaper insuranse, which is awesome for me. 
    Yes, my car is a fix-er-upper. I do have some more things to do , added to what iv'e already done. So far, i have cleaned it really good, oty was very dirty when ifirst bought it. The car has been sitting for years, but after the help of a booster pack, it started right up. SO, the first day, i was the most excited iv'e been in awhile. THe nexyt day, icleaned the air filter, pump[ed up the tires, got seat covers and a steering wheel cover, and got black mats for the carpet. Back in the day this car was very expensive andwas considered luxury's. It has leather seats, but they are all torn up, ....explains the seat covers. The first time driving my own car, i was exstaitc, and i drove from my house to the gas station in south soure. I checked the oil there, and there was none. So my mom and i went inside and bought some, which i should of checked before i drove, but i was too excited.  The stereo set up in the car is pretty good for the year, the owners put an aftermarket stereo and speakers in it, and m ost like;ly dropped a bit of money on that. I made one cd with 20 songs on it and so far, its the only thing ive been listening to because i think i can replace the faceplate with  a new set up, so i can plug my ipod in, insted of making a ton of cd's.

No comments:

Post a Comment