Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A new start

I am going to write about a trip. A great trip i took with my friends. Last winter i went snowboarding with 3 of my friends, Cameron, stephen, and jj. We left Camerons house at 4 am on a saturday mourning. That night we didn't fall asleep till 3 and got about an hours worth of sleep. After we awoke we hopped in the car and drove about an hour and a half to pick up jj, we doesn't live in alameda. We arrived at sugar bowl at roughly 6:30 after a stop at denny's. We got out of the car and put our snow clothing on then walked over to the building and registration area, or watever it is called. After we all payed and rented snowboards we hit the slopes and took the first hill, it wasn't the bunny hill, and i forgot name and after we got to the top, i buckled my bindings and took off, after a short run, i fell, on my back, and sled down the icy mountain. I got up and tried again, and once again, the same thing has happened, i tried again, it took me along time to get down the mountain, and i fell many times. I got down and my friends were waiting for me, next was the bunny hill, which i did alittle bit better at. All day was hard for me because it takes a few trips to be able to go all the way down a mountain with out falling. I did almost all runs, there was a few black diamonds i wasn't about to try, but for the most part i felt i did ok, until the end of the day which was all bad.
So after we stopped for lunch at the overpriced cafe, we hit some more runs, they at a really long hill, where the more speed you get, the better, so you won't hace to walk when it gets to be flat, and it is hard to unbuckle, the walk with a snowboard in deep snow, so, i decided to get speed by going straight and i was going at a decent speed, i thought it was really fast, and the, the worst thing that could of happened happened, the side of the board dug into the snow, and then my face, acually, my forehead hit the ground really hard, and i couldnt move alot, so i went to the side with my friend and layed down for like 20 minutes, after that i we walked to the building then i sat down and we talked till we left, for maybe an hour. We walked to the car and drove home sfter that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty fun. I missed several opportunities to learn snowboarding over the years, which I now regret...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it was a ton of fun, but i have never been so sore the next day, it takes alot more for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete